Go Back   forum.vanderbilly.com > Site Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Site Suggestions Please be constructive...

Old 03-02-2013, 11:54 AM

mikedem will become famous soon enoughmikedem will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnuffi View Post
I'm sure there's plenty going on behind the scenes. Mike and me have one in the bag Not sure the good folk of VB could bear another sex pistols song quite so soon after the last one
I'm ready to cover the whole album if you are?
Old 03-03-2013, 11:33 AM

Tac915 will become famous soon enough

I'm having some delay issues with my audio, I'm not sure what the problem is exactly but I've caused the delay with the HoRlocks. I'm not sure where to even start to go about fixing it, I'm using an IK multimedia stealthplug with an ASIO driver and mixcraft. Anyways, my schedule is pretty slammed, and I don't want to be debuggin my set-up and delaying our teams production any further so I'm stepping aside and dropping out of the HoR project. Good luck to you guys, and apologies to my team for causing the delay.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:10 AM

JJrocker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tac915 View Post
I'm having some delay issues with my audio, I'm not sure what the problem is exactly but I've caused the delay with the HoRlocks. I'm not sure where to even start to go about fixing it, I'm using an IK multimedia stealthplug with an ASIO driver and mixcraft. Anyways, my schedule is pretty slammed, and I don't want to be debuggin my set-up and delaying our teams production any further so I'm stepping aside and dropping out of the HoR project. Good luck to you guys, and apologies to my team for causing the delay.
Tac I think we just need to resolve your delay issues. I've asked a few folks that are going to reach out to help.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:48 AM

What it takes to be a HoR - Or dedicated

Most musicians realize the importance of developing and improving their skills. Talent, such as singing or the ability to play instruments, may come naturally. However, it still takes a lot of hard work to develop it. This is many long hours of learning and practice.

We can decide to improve our skills, but unless you’ve got talent and determination, it doesn't work. Musicians must be motivated to work hard at improving their skills. Most say that no matter how good they become, they always keep trying to be better. Seldom ever reach this nirvana.

Also, you must also be able to handle rejection, and the courage to keep trying—even when it would be easier to throw in the towel.

Whether you play an instrument or sing, you must believe in yourselves and your abilities. But without playing with other musicians your growth and overall potential is usually limited.

Staying committed to performing in a project like this is not easy,
and it will really test you. But you will be better off in the end.

Finally, I want thank my HoR colleagues that have demonstrated grit and determination to stay the course on the History of Rock Project.

I Salute You!

JJ

Last edited by JJrocker; 03-04-2013 at 08:03 AM.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:12 AM

Brewer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJrocker View Post
What it takes to be a HoR - Or dedicated

Most musicians realize the importance of developing and improving their skills. Talent, such as singing or the ability to play instruments, may come naturally. However, it still takes a lot of hard work to develop it. This is many long hours of learning and practice.

We can decide to improve our skills, but unless you’ve got talent and determination, it doesn't work. Musicians must be motivated to work hard at improving their skills. Most say that no matter how good they become, they always keep trying to be better. Seldom ever reach this nirvana.

Also, you must also be able to handle rejection, and the courage to keep trying—even when it would be easier to throw in the towel.

Whether you play an instrument or sing, you must believe in yourselves and your abilities. But without playing with other musicians your growth and overall potential is usually limited.

Staying committed to performing in a project like this is not easy,
and it will really test you. But you will be better off in the end.

Finally, I want thank my HoR colleagues that have demonstrated grit and determination to stay the course on the History of Rock Project.

I Salute You!

JJ
After a frustrating weekend trying to get my part down, I really needed to see this.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:52 PM

schnuffi will become famous soon enough

That's a very Churchilian statement JJ, from a British perspective of course
Old 03-04-2013, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator

davido will become famous soon enoughdavido will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnuffi View Post
That's a very Churchilian statement JJ, from a British perspective of course
he learning

WAY COOL
Old 03-05-2013, 11:29 AM

Astroboy058 has a spectacular aura aboutAstroboy058 has a spectacular aura about

That is some pretty good stuff there JJ. I almost weakened and asked what team am I on..almost,lmao.

That was well written and thought out. Are you taking lessons on writing from Larry,lmao.

Rep points!!!! Rep points!!!!!

Gary
www.SharpenYourAxxe.com
Old 03-05-2013, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroboy058 View Post
That is some pretty good stuff there JJ. I almost weakened and asked what team am I on..almost,lmao.

That was well written and thought out. Are you taking lessons on writing from Larry,lmao.

Rep points!!!! Rep points!!!!!
Thanks much Gary! Report to team HoRSYA!
Old 03-06-2013, 05:10 AM

Astroboy058 has a spectacular aura aboutAstroboy058 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJrocker View Post
Thanks much Gary! Report to team HoRSYA!
Well JJ, I did report to them. They took my $250 sign up money and led me out the door and said "we will be in touch".. I am puzzled though as they never got my number .

Gary
www.SharpenYourAxxe.com